Translate

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014...This is the End!!!




It's New Year's Eve...


...the end of a grand year....and the end of our "Grand Adventure" in 
Mammoth Lakes, CA.

Yesterday was TheChief's last day as Chief of Mammoth Lakes...
 in a week we celebrate his time as Chief with members of his department,
the town, friends, and family...
...and then, we will make our final move south.

It truly has been a "Grand Adventure"!
 The Town of Mammoth Lakes is indeed, a very special place....
and will always have a very special place in our hearts.

We love you Mammoth Lakes and will miss you greatly!!!

(Oh...and by the way...TheChief will still be TheChief,
and I will still be TheChieftess...
some things don't have to change!!!)

Hope you all have a beautiful and Happy New Year!!!



PS...

TheChief was especially good to me this year on my birthday...
he heard my complaints about how heavy my big Nikon was while traveling...
  and couldn't miss my hints of what I wanted...
so today's photo is the first posting of a pic taken with my new
Fuji XT1, with 18-135mm interchangeable lens!!!
It's mirrorless, and feels feather weight compared to my giant Nikon!!!
I haven't quite figured it out yet...but I'm working on it!!!
  
Here are a couple more pics...





So what do you think???



26 comments:

  1. Very pretty shots, Chieftess!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to new beginnings! Enjoy your new camera. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you both! And best wishes for the next phase in life.
    That WAS a big camera you were lugging around when we met - it was one of the first things I noticed! Will look forward to seeing your photos with the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly 10 lbs with both camera and lens!!! The new camera in a full on camera back pack is way lighter than even half the Nikon weight!!! Now...if I could just figure out where everything is on it!!!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! I can understand that you will miss this lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of the Eastern Sierras will be missed every day...it is such a beautiful and special place.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year and congratulations! On both the camera and move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool that you are starting a new chapter with a new camera, I'd say it's a hit! You will love that it weighs significantly less, I know I'm happy with my Sony mirrorless. I haven't touched the Canon since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to playing with it!!! Thanks Woody!!!

      Delete
  7. Oh, congrats on the camera. I hate my Nikon, it's like carrying a microwave. I want a little pocket camera again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sentiments exactly!!! (Except I still like my Nikon...I just don't like carrying it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the Chief is some kind of genius.
    I've had the same feeling about my Canon. It takes lovely pictures but I feel like I'm carrying Karin's microwave. I've been using my iphone because my pocket camera uses expensive batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately...I still haven't figured out the controls!!!

      Delete
  10. Glad you're still going to be around. I know what you mean about the BIG Nikon. I still lug it, but sometimes just use my baby Nikon, the P510. Amazingly good shots, though for rapid candid street shots I still prefer the biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The end of adventure and the beginning of another! I hope you guys will be very happy down here.
    The photos from your new camera look great. I enlarged them and they got even better. I've read good things about your new camera. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And end for sure but also a beginning. Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A agree Oakland DP!!! It's the beginning of the next phase!!!

      Delete