Translate

Monday, March 5, 2012

Aloha!!!





"Flowers don't worry how they're going to bloom.
They just open up and turn toward the light
and that makes them beautiful."
Jim Carrey


Last year, shortly after the record breaking December snowfall, TheChief and I
attended the annual fundraiser dinner for the noon Rotary Club of Mammoth...
With pen to paper, TheChief placed a bid on a week at the condominium of
friend's Trish and Jerry...on the island of Kauaii...
Our bid won...so our money went to a good cause, and this last week we spent a delightful
week away from the cold and snow of Mammoth...
and on the beautiful shore of Kapaa on the Island of Kauaii!!!
Thank you Trish and Jerry...we had a delightful time!!!


For more participants in Macro Monday...click here...


8 comments:

  1. oh how lovely! sounds great. Just noticed you have that dreaded word verification! I hate them as it takes me two goes to get it right, you can turn it off you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Chieftess on winning a wonderful vacation ~Hawaii is sooooo beautiful ~ Lovely photo of an exquisite flower ~ Bet you got great photos! ~~thanks for sharing, namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor)
    linked with Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful details of the petals.

    Happy MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kauai as in The Descendants? I've only been there once, but it's my second favorite island. The Big Island is the first, as we go there a lot when Richard has observing trips. Looking forward to your photos. Did you go to the "I've got to wash that man right out of my hair" beach?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Justine!!! I've considered turning off the wv but I've been getting so many spam emails from other blogs that I've hesitated... I'll give it some more thought...

    Thanks Carol!!! I did get some great photos!!! I'll post a few this week, then a few here and there!

    Thank you Tatjana!!!

    Thanks Kala!!!

    It's a great getaway Margaret!!!

    Yep Bellis!!! I love Kauaii!!! I've been there twice now and I think my favorite spot is Poipou...but I might be a bit swayed by the rain we experienced!!! Poipou is a bit dryer...Princevill is gorgeous...but was very wet this time around!!! And our first full day in our condo in Kapaa, it rained 7 inches in one day!!!

    ReplyDelete