Translate

Monday, December 24, 2012

"'Twas the Night Before Christmas...




...when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
The Children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar plums danc'd in their heads..."

Seriously...did you know that "they" don't really know 
who wrote this iconic poem???
Quite honestly, I never really thought about who wrote it...
and I'm not sure that I ever saw an author attributed...
Never the less...it is a time honored tradition!
To view the entire poem, click here!!!


Linking to...




I am pre-posting for the holidays...
some oldies...
some of our recent trip...
and maybe a new macro or two!!

10 comments:

  1. My mom has this same Santa. He's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Hit the button too quickly. Meant to say awesome photo, too!

      Delete
  2. Your mom has good taste Adele!!!

    Thank you!!! Playing around with the macro!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun. I have just been over to Adele's in Sierra Madre. I love what I see on both your blogs. Have a super Christmas, Kathryn. Cheers, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great Christmas and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought it was Clement Moore. Who knew? I always learn something here. Happy Christmas to you and the Chief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda!!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Petrea! I was amazed to learn there was confusion over who wrote it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow! I just learned a bunch from your link! Fascinating! Especially, the excerpt from Washington Irving. Very cool! Thanks! =]

    ReplyDelete